Located in the Winkler Library.
Role and Mission
The Archives serves the entire population of Winkler & district by protecting information and archival media of fundamental significance in establishing, maintaining, and developing community identities.
- Items pertaining to the history of Winkler and district
- Items that are unique to our archive mandate.
- Paper items, documents,(journals, correspondence, certificates, wills, records, pertaining to Winkler)
- Pictures (photos, paintings – pertaining to Winkler) slides? negatives?
- Maps (no old school maps; they could be found somewhere else)
- Books (no text books, except maybe for exhibit)
- History magazines (having to do with Winkler & district)
- Year books (city of Winkler, people who lived in Winkler & district, school districts)
Hours: Wednesdays 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
or by appointment contact:
Ed Falk: 204-325-8929
Marjorie Hildebrand: 204-325-8644
Randy Rietze, Winkler Heritage Society
185 Main Street
Winkler, MB R6W 1B4
Or drop-off at the Winkler Centennial Library desk.